Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) are mutually-beneficial technologies that should be integrated. Integration opens up a whole range of benefits for call centres and sales teams, as well as corporations seeking to economise and improve CRM.
Developments in software mean integration is as simple as finding a provider and having the software installed and on-boarded. The technology is there, and you need to make the most of it – those that don’t will be left behind.
Read on to learn about the link between CTI and CRM and the benefits and outcomes of integration.
What Is Computer Telephony Integration?
CTI is defined as any technology that facilitates the interaction of computers with telephones. It finds primary use in call centres, where the interaction helps to improve the productivity of employees.
Typical functions of CTI include:
- Provision of customer data, via Screenpops which offer contextual details
- Automated dialling
- Phone controls, such as hold, hang-up, answer
- Call routing and transferring via IVR for skills-based or time-based routing
CTI can be natively connected and integrated into a phone system via CTI connection, which offers all of the above functions.
CTI and Customer Relationship Management
CTI and CRM are intimately connected, with CTI optimising CRM. For example, if your sales team takes a call from a lead, CTI can immediately pull up contact information on the caller. This data can also be stored in a single, centralised system that can be accessed in the future for further sales purposes.
How to Integrate CTI and CRM
Use these tips for integrating CTI and CRM:
- If you want to speed up the process of moving through customer management numbers, you need to automate dialling. That way each new lead or contact can be called just by clicking on the number.
- You should use CTI-CRM integration to update notes for an entire group. This is especially useful for uploading company or department-wide information on conversations or customers. You can do this by attaching notes to the relevant customer, and the second is by using a CC function to notify relevant team members of notes after the call has closed.
- Integrating your data processing is vital, and you can use CRM and CTI to create accurate records on customers, employees and more. These integrated reports are useful for business planning, as well as monitoring employee performance with real-time report functionality.
- Leverage your CTI-CRM cross-use analytics to improve customer communication and relationship management systems.
- Integration frees up time, so use this to focus on your customers and their needs, and the human side of customer interaction.
- Make sure you utilise the note-taking function of your CTI to record any relevant information that is not automatically entered.
The Benefits and Features of Integrating CTI and CRM
Here are just some of the benefits you can expect from integrating your CTI with your CRM system:
- You can store prospect and customer numbers in your CRM tool, and CTI can automatically authenticate each number.
- You can use an integrated-system to route inbound calls to the right attendant. This is achieved by looking at factors like the time, specific marketing promotion, the skill of each agent and even which paid search keyword actioned the call.
- With IVR, inbound callers can access fast and effective self-service.
- Calls can be logged and recorded in CRM tools to analyse agent effectiveness and the quality of response.
- An integrated system can automatically provide both call forwarding and call transfer functions.
- Live calls are displayed in a cue, and with integration, it is easy to prioritise calls based on customer information.
- Productivity will increase, thanks to predictive dialling and auto dialling, which saves agents from having to manually dial from spreadsheets and other archaic methods.
- The contact information provided when a customer calls gives agents insight into intent, which automatically improves customer service and an agent’s ability to close a sale.
- Calls made through a CTI system are cheaper than standard calls as they are made through VOIP. Essentially, the cost is included in your Internet contract, rather than paying for landline calls.
Integrating CTI and CRM gives call centres and agents the tools to be more effective and productive. It also frees up time so the business can focus on crafting a better customer experience.
Get in touch with Voitec for a more detailed explanation of what CTI can do for your corporation and ask for a walkthrough of our CTI Connect integration software.